Thursday, October 20, 2011

State Brochure







We are working on the locations that make NM interesting and unique. After reading and researching points of interest, including state and national parks and monuments, the students had to choose a required number of each to write about. A script was provided for developing writers, but strong writers were encouraged to use stronger voice in their writings. No matter which writing style they chose, the same content was required: What is the place called? Where is it located in the state? What is one interesting fact about it? What is something you might learn about it or the state if you visit it?

The brochure was created using am 11” x 18” piece of construction paper that was accordion folded. The cover had to feature an image of NM and the state name. The 4 inside panels focused on specific types of parks , monuments, or events/attractions. The back panel showcased our state’s symbols.

11 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! Thank you for posting!!
    I am Pinning your wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Thanks for sharing this idea :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea. I remember making brochures when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, I am using it as a template for my gifted, HFA 10 yo son :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work. Hope you don't mind, but I've added a link to this page in a WebQuest as an example of an excellent piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you ever be willing to share your script you used for your developing writers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember making these when I was in school. I thought it was a really fun project. I can't wait to my daughter is in school and brings home all of her work she has done.

    Alena | http://bizcardcolorado.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bi fold Brochure template design at low price. Bi fold Brochure is a designed for Any types of companies. It is made by simple shapes Although looks very professional. Easy to modify, change colors, dimensions, get different combinations to suit the feel of your event.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have very interesting job. I would like to shared with you this online tool http://youressayhelper.com/writing-prompt-generator.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm curious. Could you take two grades on this assignment? A writing grade and a social studies grade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can. Just create a rubric to determine how you are assessing each content.

      Delete